As part of the Mission of St. Joseph’s Hospital, “to minister to those in need as exemplified by the Gospel of Christ,” the hospital has established several financial assistance programs to help patients and families who are unable to pay for the services they have received from the Hospital. These programs are:
- Uninsured Christian Care is for those uninsured individuals whose family income falls below 600% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). Application Process and Forms
- Uninsured Discount Program is for those uninsured individuals whose family income is in excess of 600% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). Application Process and Forms
- Traditional Christian Care is for those individuals whose gross income falls below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). Application Process and Forms
Income Eligibility Requirements
To determine a person’s eligibility in a hospital sponsored Financial Assistance Program, the hospital has established a financial eligibility scale. Eligibility requirements are based upon Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG) published by the Federal Government according to the applicant’s family size and family income.
For those patients with balances remaining after consideration of these programs, St. Joseph’s Hospital has established the following payment expectations:
- The balance of account(s) must be paid in full within 24 months of the date of service, if the balance cannot be paid in full immediately.
- The minimum monthly payment of at least 1/24th of the balance due or $25, whichever is greater, shall be expected. For accounts with a balance under $250, the minimum payment shall be $25.
St. Joseph’s Hospital, Breese, a member of the Hospital Sisters Health System, is one of thirteen hospitals in Illinois and Wisconsin sponsored by the Hospital Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, a religious congregation based in Springfield, Illinois, committed to the mission of the Catholic Church and dedicated to the care of the sick and those in need.
St. Joseph’s Hospital, Breese, has a firm commitment to help all people who do not have medical insurance or need financial assistance in meeting their obligations to the hospital.
If you are in need of financial assistance and qualify based upon the guidelines, the hospital will provide a discount to you for the services that you receive.
Please contact our Business Office at 618-526-5308 to determine if you qualify for one of these programs. If so, please return the enclosed application form and required attachments to begin the process to receive financial assistance from the Hospital.